How Does Cosmetic Botox Work?
Are you looking for a way to make your skin look younger? We can help! Our med spa Botox has many functions, the most common being cosmetic purposes as an anti-aging treatment to minimize the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. At Cara Mia MEDSPA, we offer cosmetic Botox alongside several other treatment options to help our patients look and feel their best. For more information, give us a call or book an appointment online.
Table of Contents:
Cosmetic Botox will help you turn back the clock on aging. It is one of the easiest and effective ways to rejuvenate your face. A single session of Botox® is very fast and minimally invasive and is performed in a clinic or Med Spa setting by a certified specialist. The treatment reduces the appearance of facial lines and wrinkles by preventing the facial muscles that cause them from contracting, and is now one of the most popular non-surgical cosmetic treatments available.
Getting Botox® treatments at Cara Mia MEDSPA takes only a few minutes and does not require anesthesia. Using a very fine needle, Botox is injected into specific muscles, with the patient experiencing only mild discomfort.
In most patients, the full effect of the treatment takes between three to seven days. In the time leading up to and immediately following your treatment, it is advised to avoid alcohol, starting at least one week before the procedure. We also advise patients to stop taking aspirin or anti-inflammatory medications at least two weeks before treatment to reduce the risk of any possible bruising.
Despite the use of the word “paralyzed” to describe how Botox treatment works on the muscle, Botox® is still one of the most popular aesthetic procedures. This is primarily due to the excellent results patients have seen, the minimal amount of downtime, and the nearly non-existent side effects.
Even so, there are likely plenty of questions in your mind before making the decision to get Botox treatment.
Here are a few things you should to know about Botox treatment:
– Be conscious of where your injectable comes from. It is advised that you make sure your doctor is an official provider for any substance you’re having injected
– Don’t look for the “bargains”. If the price is suspiciously low for your Botox treatment, it’s possible you may be getting a diluted dosage. The Botox injectable may have been manufactured in another country, and therefore not FDA-approved.
– Before your injection, avoid blood-thinning medication, fish oil, multivitamins, green tea, cinnamon, ginger, and red wine for a full week before treatment. Ask us at least two weeks ahead of time for a full list of things to avoid.
– A consultation is crucial. Our experienced professionals at Cara Mia MEDSPA will carefully evaluate you to see how different areas of your face naturally move, so that we can be sure to keep you looking naturally refreshed, instead of expressionless.
– Never get silicone. Silicone is a filler that is sometimes used and it causes the most complications. It is not FDA-approved, especially to fill wrinkles in the face. Because silicone is a synthetic material it can’t be metabolized, meaning it can harden over time, creating unsightly and uneven bulges that are permanent.
– Botox buzz is a term given to the temporary feeling some patients have experienced after their injection. Botox given between the brows can give a temporary sensation of dizziness or headache that usually resolves itself within ten to 15 minutes.
The most common treatment areas for Botox® injections are:
– Crow’s feet
– Frown lines
– Forehead lines
– Brow area
– Neck lines
– Smoker lines
If you are looking for a way to make your skin look younger and combat the visible effects of aging, Cara Mia MEDSPA is here to help with Botox® treatments. Our Med Spa specialists are always available to have your questions answered. To schedule an appointment, contact us through our website. We serve clients from Lake Zurich IL, Barrington IL, Kildeer IL, Deer Park IL, Tower Lakes IL, and Hawthorn Woods IL.
Additional Cara Mia Med Spa Services
▸ Botox® and Jeuveau
▸ Dermal Fillers
▸ Thermage Treatment
▸ Volbella Fillers
▸ HydraFacial MD
▸ PRX-T33 Facial Treatments
▸ Clear + Brilliant Laser
▸ Microneedling RF
▸ IPL Photorejuvenation
▸ Body Contouring
▸ VISIA Complexion Skin Analysis
▸ Back Acne Treatment
▸ Deep Hydration Facial
▸ Acne Facial Treatment
▸ Juvederm Filler
▸ Restylane® Fillers
▸ Voluma Fillers
▸ Juvederm Ultra XC Fillers
▸ Volbella Fillers
▸ Plasma MD
▸ Oxygeneo Facial
▸ Aquagold Fine Touch
▸ Lip Filler
▸ Face Balancing